Hindus/Past deeds

Question
Great writing to you Brother William. 10 years back, I had planned to complete 16 Mondays' fast (vrat) devoted to Lord Shiv. However, after 4 vrats, I cut short the plan. Though I later repented and prayed to the merciful Lord to forgive me. What should I do now? Should I start the 16 vrats all again? Can I just pray and ask the almighty to forgive me and I need not complete the 16 Mondays' vrat?

Regards

Answer
Dear Abhishek,

Thank you for your questions.

It is always best to complete any vows you take. It is not uncommon, however, for devotees to find they are incapable of fulfilling sincere vows all at once. My guru used to say that there can be no failure as long as you resume the struggle even after leaving off for a time. Bhagavān Śiva is easily pleased.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William