Hindus/can a yogi indulge in sex

People expect a yogi or a sanyasi or one who is away from his wife and wear saffron cloth , has renounced the world and one who possess spiritual knowledge. Can that yogi indulge in sexual pleasure, if so, is he a cheater.

Thank you.

Dear Vivek,

Yes, a yogi can indulge in sex. He is a cheater only if he gives an impression to others that he is a celibate, with the intention of cheating them.

Understanding that I AM Brahman is the spiritual knowledge. The one who possess this knowledge is a yogi. Yoga means to unite/ join. Once a person joins his individual self with Brahman and see the oneness of ALL is a yogi.

Yogi is also a human beings. He has the right to eat, drink, breathe, enjoy sense pleasures (including sex) like everyone else. He has renounced his attachment to the sense objects and he is not averse to the sense pleasures. He does not depend on the world for his happiness. So he will neither run after sense objects NOR RUN AWAY FROM SENSE OBJECTS. He will not hurt anyone.

It is not necessary for a yogi (OR ANYONE ELSE) to live according to the expectation of others.

Thanks for asking this question. If you still have any doubt, post a private question to me with specific name of the individual that you have in mind.

Best wishes,
Raja Subramaniyan  

Raja Subramaniyan

Explanation based on Vedanta / Gita which will answer any questions on life leading to Joyful Living

25 years of spiritual studies and written following text books. Gita for Joyful Living ( Path to Joyful Living - I based on Jeeva Yatra ( ) Path to Joyful Living - II based on Sadhana Panchakam( ) Joyful Living based on Panchadashi ( ) Parama Ragasiyam (Tamil) based on Brahma Sutra (