Hindus/suggestion

Question
Sir I want your suggestion sir I was vegetarian but now I am working in ship where I couldn't find veg food before I tried to eat saatvic food practice sprituality but now I am not able to do the same . Will this hinder my progress in sprituality?

Answer
Dear Devendra,

Thank you for your question.

The most important thing about food in regards to spirituality is that it must keep you healthy and full of energy. There are countless examples of holy persons who ate or eat non-vegetarian food. Brahmans in Kashmir, Bengal, and Nepal are common examples.

See what foods suit you best, and stick to those, if you have a choice.

Generally, you will only notice the subtler effects of different foods if you are practicing regular meditation and other spiritual practices exclusively. A person living an active working life, as you are, will need more energy and thus likely benefit from richer foods.

Best wishes,

Brother William  

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William