1) What kind of personal and societal values does this religion encourage?
2) Do the teachings of this religion support mainstream US values? How
3) How does this religion support the mental and spiritual health of its believers?
4.) What do you think are some of the major misconceptions of your religion in society?
5.) In what ways is your religion different or similar to others?
1. Hinduism encourages a personal belief in the divinity of everything in this universe, sentient and insentient. The societal values that Hinduism encourages are acceptance of all religious or spiritual paths, peace, cooperation, and helpfulness.
2. Hinduism is a religion that is more than five thousand years old. It has always upheld, through its scriptures, the ideals of democracy, rights, liberty, opportunity, and equality, and these are the five founding ideals of USA.
3. Hinduism stresses on the restraint of the senses and a belief in a divine principle, not necessarily a godhead, for the cessation of suffering.
4. The major misconceptions about Hinduism are that it believes only in a godhead, it worships everything, it has multiple realities, and is superstitious. Hinduism is a religion that believes in one divine principle, which may be worshipped through images. It believes in only one reality and the superstitions it is accused of having are not of the religion but of the local traditions where they are practised.
5. Hinduism accepts all paths to realising God and is open to future paths also. It is not dependent on any particular book or person and does not think that a particular book or person is the final word on religion or spirituality.
With best wishes,
For further questions you can Skype me at narasimhananda