Hindus/Brahma Sutra Vol 5 Page 1011

Question
Respected Sir,
It is my understanding that Sutra 489 implies that a person who is aware of his nature as the true SELF,  as Brahman,  need not continue Meditation

However, we hear that some Rishis and Munis are still engaged in Meditation, though they are considered to be realised souls.
Shall be thankful for your advise.
With respects,
T R Vasudevan

Answer
Dear TR Vasudevan,

Thank you for your question.

A Brahmaj˝ānī may continue meditation as a lifelong habit or to keep the mind clear. Tota Puri, the illumined Guru of Advaita Vedanta of Sri Ramakrishna, said he meditated daily for the same reason he shined his brass water pot daily.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William