Hindus/Freedom from sins

Question
Dear Brother William, though this is quite a personal question, I still wish to ask: Can one pay back the burden of love, affection and personal attention and/or care? For eg. if a relative/friend has helped you (even by physical care) earlier but at present is not in good terms with you for any reason(s) whatsoever and one intends not to continue having any relation with him/her. I know one cannot pay back love but still if the circumstances so demand that separation is best and one do not want to carry the burden of gratitude since at the end of life one wants freedom from any burden/favor. Is this possible and if so, how?

Answer
Dear Abhishek,

Thank you for your question.

Make every action a yaj˝a , a sacrifice to God/dess, and your life will be blessed. True freedom comes when you realize the Ātman, the Self of all. Then karma falls away like water from a lotus leaf. You dream you are bound, that you have obligations. Dream higher dreams. Serve others as the manifestation of the Divine. There is no thought of obligation here, no "payback" idea. God/dess gives and then takes away. It is simply the nature of things. Remain detached, and you will be free of sorrow.

Best wishes,

Brother William

Hindus

William Schindler, a.k.a. Brother William