Hiring Employees/employment immigration status

I have hired a temporary employee/contractor in my company. She had a work permit and she graduated from a college here in the U.S., but then had a baby and let her work permit lapse. She currently wants to acquire a temporary Visa, and at this time, is saving up for the cost.

She possesses a picture I.D. (valid driver's license) and a Social Security number. I have two questions:

1) Can she go and be fingerprinted and have a federal background check? I'm assuming so if she has a driver's license and SS#

2) Have I done all that I need to do as an employer in hiring her by requesting a license and SS#?

Thank you in advance!

From the information you have provided, here is my opinion:

Yes, she can get fingerprinted and have a federal background check.  As an employer it is your duty to make sure that all employees that are employed by you have the necessary documents in place to work in the U.S. Hope this helps and good luck!

Warm Regards,

Mariano Pacleb, Jr.
Chief Operating Officer

C3 Intelligence, Inc.
4333 Park Terrace Drive Suite 210
Westlake Village, CA 91361
866.946.8359 ext 2067
866.946.8359 (P)  866.305.5034 (F)

Watch our online video  

Hiring Employees

Mariano Pacleb

Expert in Pre-Employment Background Screening, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Proper Use of Public Records for Employment Pruposes.

5 Years Management Experience in the Pre-Employment Background Screening Industry.

National Association of Professional Background Screening Companies

Bachelor of Science - Management

We attract and serve an extraordinary range of clients, from multinational corporations to entrepreneurs and individuals.