Historical/War Reenactment/World War Medals

I have a dozen or so medals and pins from both wars, but I am questioning a few. The front of an Olympic pin is worn a little on the front but the back looks almost perfect, as well as a few others including a World War One German Iron Cross. It looks a little too good with no worn spots and the ribbon. Is there any way you could tell if it is authentic or not?

I apologize that I was not able to answer this question when you asked it.  I don't know why, but I just received the notification now.  When I checked the date, it looks as though you asked this question about a year and a half ago!  Weird.  Still need any help with any of that stuff though, let me know!  And I apologize again.  

Historical/War Reenactment

Jack Pickup Jr.

I am currently a reenactor of the American Civil War. I have been involved with other reenactments from many periods including Roman, the Middle Ages/Renaissance, and World War II. I am quite well versed in all aspects of military history from the Ancient Period all the way up to World War II, especially regarding Military Engineering up to the period of the American Civil War. I was a history teacher at the high school and junior high school level.

I have a degree in History. I have studied and traveled extensively both within the United States and overseas. I currently do presentations for local schools and teacher certification programs. As a reenactor I am Chief of Staff for the 1st Confederate Brigade in Illinois. I have been reenacting for almost two decades.

Confederate Corps of Engineers, unit commander First Confederate Brigade of Illinois, chief engineer, chief of staff MHEA, Military History Education Association

Reenactor Magazine, Various articles

Bachelors degree in History and Education from Elmhurst College in Illinois.