Historical/War Reenactment/Drummer Boys in Reenactments

Question
How competitive is the role of the drummer boy in reenactments?

Answer
If you need something more feel free to let me know.  The best example is the guy with the cannon he gets to come and go, park and do anything he please.  Gary.

Lee was purported to have said “…without music, there would have been no army…”.  I assume you are a reenactor?  Then you know you have main stream and campaigners.  Main Stream reenactors bring their tents, furniture and families the campaigners their rubber blanket and blanket.  To be a drummer with either all you need is a drum, however the campaigners are going to insist the drum is accurate so you are talking much more money $600+; while the main stream around $250.  If you have done that you have a job, if you know how to play you’ll be more popular.  If there happens to be other musicians you might get second chair but fifers and drummers are almost always assured a position in fact in 27 years I have never seen one booted.  Gary.

Historical/War Reenactment

Gary Adams