History of Science and Technology/Science and our future

Question
Hello
I watched a man on tv talk about how science has progressed through history. He said one interesting opinion about the tv show and movies of Star Trek. He commented that our technology is advancing so fast, when we reach the year 2370, which is when Star Trek exists in sci-fi, our technology will be more like the 29th century. He said we will be advancing so fast, by the time of Star Trek, we will have technology we cannot even guess at this time.
Do you think that would an accurate possiblity of the future?

Answer
Hi David--that's a question about the future, not the past! :) and I'm no more qualified than anyone else to predict the future, though I'd say 'we will have technology we cannot even guess at this time' is probably a pretty accurate statement.  If you're interested in how the past and present influence our views of the future, you might want to check out my essay on 'the year 2000':  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carolyn.dougherty/Carolyn_Dougherty/The_Year_2000.h

All the best--Carolyn

History of Science and Technology

Carolyn Dougherty