History of Science and Technology/Middle name of Scientist

I am looking for the middle name of Walther Hesse.  He was a Germany scientist who found a use for agar in microbiology.

Hi Taurean--I'm sorry, I have no idea how to help you with this!  You could try getting in touch with a genealogical expert--if you knew the details of his birth or baptism it's possible you or an archivist could turn up a birth record/baptism certificate for him that would show his full name.

History of Science and Technology

Carolyn Dougherty

I can probably answer most general questions about the history of science, technology and engineering from ancient to current; if I don't know a specific answer I can probably refer a questioner to an appropriate source. I have done original research in the history of computing and in British science and engineering in the 17th, 18th and early 19th centuries.

I am a PhD student at the University of York, writing about the carrying trade in the 18th century; my previous work at the university includes the early history of plate railways. I have taught courses in the history of science and engineering at York and other universities, and have presented several papers on various subjects in this field at academic conferences. I am also a practicing civil engineer.

BA--Berkeley, MSc--Berkeley, MA--York, currently working on a PhD at York.