Hockey/Getting Noticed

I am a 15 year old goalie from Toronto, Ontario. Right now I play "AA" hockey in the GTHL. Every year I try out for "AA" teams but have gotten passed over for small things such as being a bit small, or for the fact another person buys a spot, or even has connections (e.g. the father is the coach. But this year I have grown, and improved (I was invited to a Junior A goalie training camp in the summer). My goal is to play the next level, and move up and be bale to play university or college hockey. My question is, how can i get noticed by teams?

Hi Alex,
I assume you mean get noticed for a Junior team and not college yet? I do not know the structure of your leagues/levels in Toronto. The thing I can recommend is getting video tapes of you playing and practicing (not necessarily your "greatest hits") and send them to coaches of teams you're interested in. Send an introduction letter, like a resume, and a schedule of where they can come see you play or even see you do dry-land training. In this day of technology you could probably get creative w/ FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

Dina Solimini

I can answer goaltending questions including: equipment, rules, positioning, psychology, drills, fitness, recruiting, etc. I can answer questions about American college hockey (especially Women's), Youth, and High School (especially East Coast/ New England area). I can answer some nostalgia questions for example: what was it like to play in all leather equipment? What was it like to skate in rinks that had chain link fencing instead of glass? I cannot answer specific statistics questions including College and Pro hockey.

I grew up in New England and played goalie in the Youth Hockey program (including a Metro Team) from Mite AA through Midgets (pretty much the only girl in the programs). I played on my High School Boy’s team all four years. I played 1 season at Boston College as a starter and finished the last 3 seasons as a starter at the University of New Hampshire. In my senior season we won the longest game in college history. We beat Providence 3-2 in 5 overtimes! I also played with Team USA at different times in my career. I was also a 1998 Team USA Winter Olympic hopeful. For the last 5 seasons I have coached several organizations as the goalie coach and second assistant coach. These levels include: Youth Hockey boys and girls and High School boys and girls.

Youth Hockey, MA

BA and MS ;USA Hockey Level 3 Coach

1998 Winter Olympic Hopeful 1996 ECAC Champion 1996 UNH Female Athlete of the Year Nominee 1995, 1996 ECAC All- Tournament Goalie 1993-1996 Holder of several UNH goaltending records 1995 Member, Women's USA Select Team 1991 Teen Magazine Sports Girl of the Year Finalist 1990-1991 US Women's Training Team

Current: Youth Hockey, MA Past: High School, MA, Rochester Youth Hockey, Rochester, NH, RinkSport, Inc., Quistgard Goaltending.