Hockey/Terms

Question
QUESTION: It seems the announcers use a lot of terms that I can't find any references to in the rules for hockey. Various types of "checks" and references to positions on the ice, etc. Do you know where I can learn the jargon hockey people use?

ANSWER: James,

Thanks for writing.  Yea, some of that stuff they rattle off just drives me crazy some times. However, I found a great book I bought several years ago, that I no longer have.  Is called The Hockey A to Z and you can find it here: www.hockeybook.com

Hope this helps
Rob Lopez - Commissioner
University Ice Hockey League - Mexico

QUESTION: Any other references that wouldn't require a buy a book just to understand tge jargon?

Answer
James,

Sure, but that would take some research on your part.  Not to mention all of the jargon out there and what specifically are you looking for?  All you would ever like to know is in that book.  I think it's a couple of bucks.  It's a good investment and fun to read....if you are in to that sort of thing.

Sorry I could be of any more help.  Good luck.
Rob  

Hockey

Rob Lopez