Hockey/Rules question

Rob Lopez wrote at 2013-11-29 14:29:34
Well actually, this rule is found within the Regular rulebook and the Case Study Book of the rules for USA Hockey.  This book is sometimes sold separate.  However, you can find the Casebook on-line within a PDF file from USA Hockey that combines both the Rule book and the Case study book.

However, the rule reads like this:

RULE 610: DELAYING THE GAME!

G.) A minor penalty for delay of game shall be assessed to a

goalkeeper who drops the puck into his pads or onto the goal

net or deliberately piles up snow or obstacles near the goal

that, in the opinion of the Referee, could prevent the scoring

of a goal.  

Hockey

Martial