Hockey/Rules question

Question
I play in an over 30 mens "C" league and during a close game where we were down one goal I asked the referee to remove the piles of snow that the goalie had built up around the outside of the posts.  The umpire indicated that there wasn't a rule against it but I don't believe it.  I searched NHL rules and found nothing.  Please respond to my g-mail address

Answer
Hi there Rick...  unfortunately AllExperts does not give out email addresses automatically.  So hope you get this.

I am not familiar with any rule that specifically calls this action out.  There is discretion in the rule of "interference", "delay of game" and even "unsportsmanlike conduct" IF an official finds the act one that is willful and in a certain way "pre-meditated"...

In the end it is in the discretion of the on ice official!

Furthermore, in a recreational game - it would probably be even more rare for an official to take the time to enforce this...

I would probably just scoop it out with my stick between whistles on my own!  Not say anything more!!

:D

Hope this helps!

Good luck with the puck!

M  

Hockey

Martial