Hockey/Prep school

QUESTION: I am 16 year old goalie from Canada. I played AAA since peewee and I am interested in playing College Hockey in the U.S. I hear playing Prep school hockey increases your chances of getting a College scholarship. Prep schools are expensive... Do Prep schools have full scholarships?

Thank you for writing.  99% of all Prep schools don't provide scholarship because they are expensive and the majortiy of the kids do move on to Div 1 schools.  However, that doesn't mean that ALL prep schools are like that.  I would recommend that you check out this website  They help with funding for prep-schools.

Good Luck
Rob Lopez - Commissioer
University Ice Hockey League - Mexico
Monterrey, Mexico

QUESTION: Most Prep schools with hockey programs are in North Eastern USA. Do you know which schools are more likely to be scouted for Div. I?

Here is a website with Prep-schools for the North Eastern USA.

Then use this link to get the funding to go to the school you want to attend.

Have your parents go over this information to help you fill out the applications.

Hope this helped.
Rob Lopez - Commissioner
University Ice Hockey league - Mexico
Monterrey, Mexico  

Rob Lopez

I can answer all questions about ice hockey from Mites level to College. I have 15 years as a Goalie Coach, 5 years as an assistant coach, 6 years as a hockey director, and 9 years as a General Manager

I have been in the industry now for over 35 years and I have developed youth and adult programs from Canada to Mexico. Plus, I design 100's of free practice drills for 1000's of coaches worldwide in 41 different countries.

USA Hockey Pass the Puck, Inc.

HF forum International Hockey Forum Pass the Puck Blog

I have a level 5 coaching certification with USA Hockey and a level 3 instructor certification.

Level 5 USA Hockey Coaching Certification

Currently I have 3000 coaches from 41 different countries that are register with my web site.