Hockey/Where to play hockey

Hi, My son is going into 2nd year bantam. We just moved into another city and transferred to another team. We are on a waiting list and we are not on the tryout list for bantam. It seems like we will not be playing winter hockey for any team. You have to play in the city you live in.
My son has always played A 1 Rep hockey and might not be playing this year, is there anything I can do.

hello Brian...  that's the first I ever heard of that!?  Have you contacted the coach directly?  I have never heard a coach refuse someone under exceptional circumstances such as yours!?  While it might be harder to make the team - they should still be able to accommodate you for tryouts?  I believe it's a pre-requisite under Canadian youth Hockey Association (CHA) guidelines!!??  Unless they are not part of that - i don't think they can refuse you!

Now if they don't have enough teams for whatever reason - then that could be another issue.  If that is the case, then you should be able to play on a team from another city.   

I find it very hard to understand why or how they can deny any child the opportunity to play!

If I were you I would try to dig a bit more -- even contact the CHA if you need to.

Here is the link for their contact info:

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

I have been playing amateur hockey for 48 years... from Youth hockey up to Jr. "B", and now still play in adult leagues. I have coached youth hockey for 10+ years and have been an "active student" of all aspects of learning, playing and coaching hockey for past 8 years. I offer not only some X`s & O`s about hockey but also some experience in practical, philosophical, spiritual and motivational aspects of playing and learning the game. My son is now 26 - just done with his carreer through College. He went through all the hurdles to get to Juniors and played there for 3 years, then College for 4. I am happy to share our experience during that journey.

Now in my 49th year involved with this awesome ever evolving sport! I am USA Hockey Certified as Intermediate Level Coach. I have a BA degree in Psychology with minor in business (Brock University), as well as a LLB (law degree) from Ottawa University. I have owned and operated my family business for 30+ years now. I have co-parented 3 great kids!

Social Studies Diploma CEGEP - Marianopolis College, Montreal Quebec BA - Psychology, Minor in Business - Brock University Law Degree - Ottawa University