Hockey/Tie breaker decider

If at the end of regular season youth hockey, 2 teams are tied in points for the division championship, using the following stats, who would win?

Team A: 8-1-2
Team B: 9-2-0

Team A beat Team B in 2 out of 3 head to head games and has scored 8 more goals in the season.

Thank you for writing.  This is pretty easy to answer.
During play off or ranking for the championship, the qualifier runs within the follow rules.

1.) Number of Total Points is the leading determination.

A: Has 8 wins 1 loss and 2 ties: = 18 Total points
B: Has 9 wins 2 loss and o ties: = 18 Total points

At this stage, the league committee needs to understand that the tie breaker fall in this order.

1.) Team with the MOST WINS advance!  If they both have the same number of wins...
2.) Team with the Least number of losses!  If they both have the same losses...
3.) Team with the most Ties!  If both team has the same number of ties...
4.) Team with the Most Goals Scored for.  If they both have the same number...
5.) Team with the least goals scored against.  If they both have the same score against...
6.) Team with the least Penalty Minutes!

However, in this case, team B should advance because of number of wins!

Now, as for me, I don't allow ties.  If there is a tie throughout the regular season and playoffs, a shoot-out is performed to determine the winner of the game!  NO TIES ALLOWED!

Now lets say they both teams ended in a tie game with both teams scoring three goals each.  Then with a shoot-out NO Goals are counted in the shoot-out for Goals Scored for Stats.  The One that wins counts as win with 4 against 3 on the score sheet, and the winner would get 2 points, and both teams will show 3 goals each in the statistical information at the end of the season for that game.

I hoped this help!
Rob Lopez - Commissioner
University Ice Hockey League - Mexico
Scottsdale, AZ.  

Rob Lopez

I can answer all questions about ice hockey from Mites level to College. I have 15 years as a Goalie Coach, 5 years as an assistant coach, 6 years as a hockey director, and 9 years as a General Manager

I have been in the industry now for over 35 years and I have developed youth and adult programs from Canada to Mexico. Plus, I design 100's of free practice drills for 1000's of coaches worldwide in 41 different countries.

USA Hockey Pass the Puck, Inc.

HF forum International Hockey Forum Pass the Puck Blog

I have a level 5 coaching certification with USA Hockey and a level 3 instructor certification.

Level 5 USA Hockey Coaching Certification

Currently I have 3000 coaches from 41 different countries that are register with my web site.