Hockey/getting to the next level

Question
hey, I am aware that you have most definitely been asked this before by a lot of kids but here it goes... I'm 21 years old, started playing hockey when I was pretty young but stopped during high school, because of that i didn't get any college recognition and so now I'm playing again and stuck playing in a casual adult league and some pickups. I'm transferring to a different college that has a team, but they aren't D1. Is there anything I can do to get some recognition from schools or programs to help elevate my game and play at a higher level? I want to play hockey at a competitive level more than anything, but I don't know how to get myself there.

Thanks,
Luke

Answer
Hello Luke ...  sorry for slow reply...  I was out of town and did not have access to internet like I thought I would.

While you are definitely going to have a harder time at getting recognized or chosen due to lack of a traceable history...  nothing is impossible.   Most of which starts with a BELIEF you have to have in yourself.

The key is you must accept your fate at this point and then set goals to overcome it by DOING EVERYTHING you can...  #1 being -- SHOW UP!  

Find out everything you can about the "next" team you want to try to play for and BE THERE ...  go to practices, tryouts, events anything.  SHOW UP -- ask if you can PLAY/skate... and then PLAY AND SKATE YOUR HEART OUT!

It's hard to say no to someone who (politely & respectfully) PERSISTS!!

Make sense!?

GO FOR IT!

Cheers,

Martial

Hockey

Martial