Hockey/help paying

Question
Is there any.program out thete that could help me with the money to offset the cost.of junior hockey. My son made an excellent junior hockey team out of Minnesota. I can pay the $300. A month but the $3000.00 I just dont have time to get he would leave the 26.  What can I do I don't  want this opportunity to slip through his fingers.

Answer
Erin,

Yes, this is what you do.  Go to your local public library and asked them to show you how to use the national data base for locating foundations that contribute to Ice Hockey Players.

This is how the data base works...

You load in a key word into an on line form that says...Ice Hockey.  The it will print out a sheet with ALL the companies within the USA that provides scholarships or foundation money.

Now it's not easy!  Once you have the list, you have to contact their web site and look for the foundation.  The most foundations will require you to print out a PDF file that requires you to fill out and submit to the foundation board.

Now the foundation only grants awards once a year.  So you have to go through the whole list and select the companies who's submittal dates have not passed.

I recommend that you submit the form to several foundations.  The more, the better.  Sometimes the funds can be $500 to $50,000.  It just depends on the foundation.

For starters, USA Hockey and NHLPA both have foundations.  I would start there first.

Hope this helps.
Rob Lopez - Commissioner
University Ice Hockey League- Mexico

Hockey

Rob Lopez