Hockey/Offside goal?

Team A has a player (A1) in the offensive zone. The puck is shot into the offensive zone from outside the blue line  by a team mate (A2) which puts (A1) in a delayed offside situation. Before (A1) can clear out of the offensive zone , the puck goes into the net without touching anyone  Does the goal count?

Thanks for writing.  No the goal does NOT count!  Why?  The player that is off side is considered to be in a delayed off-side situation.  Once his team mate shoots the puck on net, it's considered an intentional off-side and the whistle is blown and the face off goes to the far end zone in the attacking teams defending zone and NO goal is awarded.  

Any time a player that in the neutral zone shoot the puck to a team mate or on net, while his team mate is still within the attacking zone is considered an intentional off side and whistle is immediately blown.  

I hope this helps
Rob Lopez - Commissioner
University Ice Hockey League - Mexico

Rob Lopez

I can answer all questions about ice hockey from Mites level to College. I have 15 years as a Goalie Coach, 5 years as an assistant coach, 6 years as a hockey director, and 9 years as a General Manager

I have been in the industry now for over 35 years and I have developed youth and adult programs from Canada to Mexico. Plus, I design 100's of free practice drills for 1000's of coaches worldwide in 41 different countries.

USA Hockey Pass the Puck, Inc.

HF forum International Hockey Forum Pass the Puck Blog

I have a level 5 coaching certification with USA Hockey and a level 3 instructor certification.

Level 5 USA Hockey Coaching Certification

Currently I have 3000 coaches from 41 different countries that are register with my web site.