Hockey/Back to back games

Question
I see for the 2015-2016 season the Tampa Bay Lightning have a total of 20 games back to back. What is the reason for so many? Also do all teams have the same amount of back to back games for the same season?

Answer
Hi David,

Thanks for writing. There are too many factors that effect the schedule.

1.) Holidays
2.) Facility black out dates due to Concerts, Tracker Pulls, Motor-Cross...etc.
3.) Facility Maintenance ice problems...etc.

Then multiple that time 30 faculties.  The schedules are designed and made out about 5 years out.  So sometimes faculties have to have their act together to make sure they hold to the information they provided to the main scheduler.

You might want to get in touch with the interested facility to see if they have an exactly reason with the long back to back stretch, but every team has to go though it and 20 games back to back is nothing.

All of the players have been playing back to back games, sometimes two games a day while they have been playing youth hockey.  So they are use to the back to back game competition.

Rob Lopez - Commissioner
University Ice Hockey League - Mexico  

Hockey

Rob Lopez