Holiday Decorating/bulbs for prelit christmas trees

Tim wrote at 2011-12-11 15:37:34
I know its been years since this post, but I have the same problem.. The bulbs are crimped flat at the bottom alowing the bulb to recess deeper into the base. All of the replacement ones I have bought do not "seat" in the base.

If you know where I can buy the bulbs, please let me know

Frustrated wrote at 2013-10-30 19:29:35
I have had the same problem also. The bulbs are "GE Extra Large Extra Bright 2.5 volts" BUT the watts are "0.75" which make them a bit fatter than the standard bulbs that come with 98% of all the pre-lit trees and replacements that you can purchase. I have been searching for 2 years. I bought a box of string lights because one whole string went out and since I didn't want to toss out the tree, I'm back to Christmas decorating 1.0.1 before pre-lits were invented! Nice while it lasted. Good luck !

Holiday Decorating

Bob Sponaugle

I can answer any question related to outdoor Christmas and Halloween decorating. It can range from the technical, as far as problems with wiring, how to fix light sets. It can also be asthetic, as far as color combinations, etc.

I have been decorating since I was 7 years old. I set up Christmas displays with over 32000 lights, tastefully done.

I have won neighborhood decorating contests since I was 14 years old