Holiday Decorating/Pre-lit Christmas Tree Light Problem

Question
Bought a new tree, set it up and connected the ligths as instructed.  All lights come on, but the very top strand comes on for about 60 seconds then goes off for about 2 minutes.  I have plugged and unplugged, checked all bulbs when it is lit and have not identified the problem.  What is the fix for this?

Answer
Hi.

If you just bought it, you might want to return it.

There isn't much else you can do.  It just sounds like a bulb stops making contact when it gets warm. You can look at all of the bulb wires and make sure they are making good contact. Might be better to check things when it is not lit.

I hope this helps.

Bob

Holiday Decorating

Bob Sponaugle