Holiday Decorating/mini christmas tree lights-bulb replacement

Question
I have several 100 light strings that have bulbs out here and there. When I put in a new bulb it blinks and then burns out although the rest of the lights do come on with the "new" burned out bulb. What am I doing wrong?

Answer
Hi.

They are the wrong bulbs for the set.  Even if the voltage is correct (the number of bulbs in the set), they are the wrong kind. Unfortunately, there is no way to be certain you have the right kind without trying them.  If your set says super bright, try super bright bulbs. If it doesn't say it, try it without the package saying it. Getting the right bulbs can be a pain. I wish there was some way to make them standard, but they aren't.

I hope this helps.

Bob

Holiday Decorating

Bob Sponaugle