Home Cooking/125 people

My nephew recently had a destination wedding. Since not everyone could attend, we are now having a reception back home. There are 125 people attending. We weren't expecting such a large turnout, we had originally all agreed to contribute something to the meal. Pot Luck, so to speak. I am in charge of bringing green beans and Caesar Salad. How many pounds of green beans and how much Caesar Salad should I bring? There will be a lot of food there, 3 entrees, many salads etc. Any ideas?

Hi Helen,

Usually you should figure 1cup per person for each side. However, since you said there would be a lot of food and other people bringing sides you will not need to have that much. This is what I would do. Purchase the large deep disposable roasting pans at the supermarket. I think if you brought one or two filled with green beans and three filled with salad you should be fine.
Good Luck,

Home Cooking

I am an avid foodie....Raised by a southern mother, I have a broad base of cooking knowledge. I am not afraid to tell you I do not have the answer. In the kitchen I am adventurous as well as a traditionalist.

Life long, my mom taught me to cook as a very young child. I enjoy the art and it brings me peace to cook for family and friends.

Taught by three generations of amazing cooks. My dads family is Irish, my mom is from the south, I have been cooking my whole life.