Home Cooking/Turkey

Question
I have 3 separate 7 to 8 lb. Turkey breasts. Can I cook them together at the same time in my oven? How long do I cook them for.  Thank you

Answer
Hi Anne.  This is similar to a question I answered for another Anne this morning.  You can read my answer below with the following comments:

-You can do all three if you have a large oven and can provide enough space, at least a few inches, around all three breasts for hot air to circulate freely. If pans are crowded close together, they will not cook evenly.

-I would preheat to 350 degrees and use that temperature.  You may want to rotate the pans halfway through the cooking times.

-I would allow 3-3 1/2 hours and check after 2 hours or so for internal temperatures.

Otherwise, read my earlier answer below to another Anne. And have a Happy Thanksgiving!

EARLIER ANSWER: "This is similar to a question I received a few years ago. I normally would recommend around 15 minutes per pound at 325-350 degrees for one breast. Although all ovens vary and heat differently, plan on 20 minutes per pound for both breasts. That amounts to 2 1/2 - 3 hours total time at 325-350 degrees. I am talking about starting with totally defrosted turkey.  Look for an internal temperature around 165 degrees.

Take out the breasts at this point, tent them with foil, and let them rest 20 minutes or so to preserve the juices. The temperature will rise a few more degrees while the turkey rests.

Hope this helps Anne. Any other questions, please write. Have a happy holiday!

Jim "JimmyScones" Musumeci  

Home Cooking

Jim Musumeci