Home Cooking/meringue crust

Question
Hello.  Can a meringue crust be made in a crock pot or toaster oven rather that a conventional oven?
I was not sure  that it would work but thought I'd ask!  Thanks for your time and help!

Answer
Hi Marie.  I would try the toaster oven over the crock pot.  I'm not sure that the moisture that the crock pot would create will help the egg whites develop, but I'm open to hearing other ideas.  If you have good toaster oven that can control the heat around 250-300 degrees or so, I would say go ahead.  Wait until a knife or tester comes out clean and then shut the toaster oven off.  Let the meringue cool in the oven until it is cool and crisp.  Then fill or use and enjoy.

Have a great day.

Jim Musumeci  

Home Cooking

Jim Musumeci