Home Cooking/OLD casserole recipe

Question
Hi Jana, You probably can't help me, but I've tried looking everywhere else...so here goes...Way, way back in the 1980's I had a recipe card (I think from Betty Crocker) that was a casserole dish my boys LOVED. Now one of my sons want me to give the recipe to his wife, but I've lost it! All I can remember is some of the ingredients: cheddar cheese soup, minced onions, worcestershire sauce, bite size pieces of ham, bite size pieces of cheddar cheese and some sort of bite size pieces of a vegetable (which I didn't use cause the boys would'nt eat anyway) and then topped with dumplings (which I used bisquick). Have you ever heard of something like this? I think the name of the recipe had the word Ham in it. Thanks, Linda

Answer
Hi Linda,

That recipe sounded so familiar! I'm sure my mom made something like it in the 60's or 70's. So I searched some recipe sites where cooks share older recipes from their family collections and found one that has all the ingredients you listed except for the Worcestershire. I love using that as a flavor boost so I'm sure you can add it to the recipe as 2 tbs mixed in. Just follow the link I've provided to get the recipe. Isn't it a joy when a kid calls and wants to know how to make something that you cooked!

http://www.grouprecipes.com/110758/broccoli-ham-and-cheese-casserole.html

Home Cooking

Jana Turner