Home Cooking/caramel

Sherrie: dO YOU KNOW WHAT IS A SLAB OF CHOCOLATE CARAMEL?I have this recipe for marshmellows wrapped in a piece of this.  Do you think I could just melt caramels and add chocolate without the chocolate seizing? Thanks for any help.

Hi Darlene,
To the best of my knowledge it is simply a slab of chocalate with caramel pieces mixed in.  I am assuming your recipie requires you to melt the chocalate and then dip in the marshmallows.  The slabs are available on amazon.com . I bet you could melt chocalate and caramels  separately , dip the marshmallows in the caramel first, let it sweet, and then dip in the chocalate.
Sounds yummy and I hope this was helpful.

Home Cooking

I am an avid foodie....Raised by a southern mother, I have a broad base of cooking knowledge. I am not afraid to tell you I do not have the answer. In the kitchen I am adventurous as well as a traditionalist.

Life long, my mom taught me to cook as a very young child. I enjoy the art and it brings me peace to cook for family and friends.

Taught by three generations of amazing cooks. My dads family is Irish, my mom is from the south, I have been cooking my whole life.