Home Cooking/reheating without drying

Question
Hello,

I would like to make a chicken dish the day before I am going to serve it to my guests.  It does have a sauce, but I'm wondering how I can reheat it without the chicken drying out.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Patty

Answer
Hi Patty,
Its always difficult to reheat chicken without drying it out. There are 2 methods I have tried in the past with relative success. First, undercook the chicken just a bit and make a little more sauce than what the dish calls for, Then reheat on a low temp in the oven.
Secondly, you could reheat the dish in a water bath. Place your baking dish filled with the chicken and sauce into a larger baking dish. Fill the larger baking dish with hot water, so that it comes about half way up the side of the dish filled with chicken. Cover with foil and reheat in the oven. The steam should keep the dish moist.
Hope these ideas are helpful.
Sherrie

Home Cooking

sherrie