Home Cooking/Philippe Richards frying pans peeling

Question
We have 6-inch and 12-inch Philippe Richards frying pans and it looks like there is a coating on the surface that is peeling.  do you know what this is and is it dangerous?

Answer
Hi Kevin,

I checked on this brand and it seems that a lot people have had problems with the coating. I also have a P. Deen pan that is peeling and I am replacing it. In my opinion you should replace it. There is no documentation that clearly states that the Teflon-like coatings are a health risk, but do you really want to accidentally ingest it? I am a fan of uncompromised food. From a food safety point of view loose or peeling coatings can create areas of rust underneath or a spot for bacteria to grow.  

Home Cooking

Jana Turner