Home Cooking/Poached eggs keep sticking

Question
Hello: I have a set of three black plastic egg poaching cups which I use for poached eggs.The problem is the eggs invariably stick like glue to the cups.I always spray the cups with a non-stick product,but that never works.Yes,I shake the non-stick spray can first.What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Answer
Hi Michael,

I'm so sorry your poachers are not working for you! I have never had luck with the plastics either, I think they are just too porous a material or heat too unevenly for a delicate poached egg.

The good news is you aren't doing it wrong, the bad news is that you may need to get metal poaching cups. I have a set that came with the double boiler pan and the poacher holds 3 eggs. It also is coated with a non stick surface. They are aluminum and were pretty inexpensive.  

Home Cooking

Jana Turner