Home Cooking/Cooking principles?

uncle duke wrote at 2014-04-04 16:15:02
You need to cook/brown the ground beef to kill any possible tapeworms. Onions or anything else would hamper the process. Same goes for pork if I remember right. If you're using chicken yet make sure it's as cold as possible before preparation time. 33-38 degrees is good. The cold temps hinder salmonella development. Be careful.

Home Cooking

Jana Turner

First of all, I LOVE to cook. I raised four kids and worked so quick and easy was very important. I can answer most any food/recipe question. Home style cooking is my favorite forum, but I also am knowledgable in sauces and some saute. Questions about food storage, food safety, quick and easy meals, cook ahead meals for freezing and hostess ideas are welcome here.

I have over 30 years in the food and hospitality industry. I am a certified serve-safe manager. I have entered a few recipe contests and won grand prize in one. I write recipes for fun and am working on a collection of favorites.

Serv-Safe Managers Series Certification