Home Cooking/cabbage

QUESTION: Do youhave a good recipe for fried cabbage?  Every one that I find calls for many ingredients.  I want something tasty for a side dish. Thanks

ANSWER: Hi Darlene. I have an excellent recipe for a red cabbage dish. Is this what you are looking for? let me know and I can send it to you...

QUESTION: If its not too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Hi Darlene..... sorry for the delay. Working nights throws me off. Anyways, here is the recipe....

1 red cabbage chopped
2 apples peeled, cored and chopped
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp water
3 tbsp vinegar (you can use whichever you desire)
3 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt and pepper

Heat oil in a medium size saucepan. Stir in cabbage; fry until wilted. Stir in apple and water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer about 2o minutes and stir occasionally. Add sugar and vinegar and simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste and make any adjustments as needed. Enjoy and please let me know how it turns out....

Home Cooking

Mike MacDonald

I can answer questions that deal with everyday home cooking from roasts, BBQing, marinades, slowcooking, poultry, pork, beef, salads and vegetable dishes. The things I am not really able to help out on is desserts, fish and ethnic foods.

I started working in a hospital kitchen in 1985 as a cook and have dealt with many different diet types. I lost my job in 2003 due to privatization and moved to the nursing field but have never lost my love for food. I am an avid collector of recipes and belong to several newsgroups on Yahoo where I collect them from.

Graduated in 1984 from Vancouver Community College with a certificate in Chef's training. Started working in 1985 with St Vincent's hospital as a cook up until 2003.