Home Cooking/freezing

Question
Hello Jana,

I'm making bite-size pistachio cakes made in mini muffin pans.  Can I prepare these and freeze them?  Do you have suggestions on the best way to do this?  How long will they last in the freezer and still be safe and also tasty?

Thank you,
Pat

Answer
Hi Pat,
if you want to freeze your mini cakes, they'll be fine. Just make sure they are completely cooled, otherwise they will release steam in the freezer bag or wrap and get freezer burn. I would place them 6 or 7 at a time on a paper plate, drape a piece of parchment on top and put them in a gallon freezer bag. Try not to stack them until after they are frozen. Defrost at room temperature for about 3 hours before serving. Resist the temptation of the microwave!
They should last up to 4-5 weeks in the freezer. Be sure to remove as much air from the bag as possible to avoid freezer burn. Hope this was helpful!

Home Cooking

Jana Turner