Home Cooking/Jelly

Asking the same quest I asked Sherri - My apple jelly is not quite as firm as I would like, and I hate to re-cook it if at all possible.  What would happen if I just added some Clear Gel?

Richard...hi.  This question is way out of my area of expertise but I would like to help. I understand that there are two types of Clear Gel, instant and regular.  The instant would thicken your jelly without heating it up again.  This may be the best way to go, especially if you made a large quantity of jelly.

The regular would require you to heat up the whole batch again to thicken it.  I found a very helpful website that may offer information you would need to make a decision.  The link is below:

Please let me know if this helps. Thanks.

Jim Musumeci

Home Cooking

Jim Musumeci

Cooking has been my passion for more than forty years, both professionally and at home. I welcome any cooking or food related questions, especially those concerning culinary techniques. My specialties are Italian and Puerto Rican cuisine, with skills in French and Southern style cooking as well. My nickname of “JimmyScones” came about from my love of creating flaky and delicious scones. Please ask questions on food preparation, techniques, ingredients, recipes, and recommended cookbooks. I CANNOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ON APPLIANCES OR APPLIANCE PARTS, OR ON OLDER OR VINTAGE COOKWARE OR ITS' MONETARY VALUE. I would also request no more than two part questions. Since we are volunteers, I must ask that you rate our answers when you have read them since that is the only way we know if are helping you. PLEASE, DO NOT MARK YOUR QUESTIONS AS "PRIVATE". I can only answer public questions and my site will make them public if there is no personal information within. Thanks and have a delicious day.

Cooking has been my passion and avocation for more than 45 years. My grandmother (‘Nani’) taught me the skills needed to cook a complete Sunday dinner by the time I was ten years old. I still treasure the memory of those magnificent aromas wafting through her kitchen. My background includes part time restaurant work and meal preparation for large organizations and churches, as well as planning and cooking hundreds of meals for dinner parties, family gatherings, and business functions. I have also completed several courses at the Institute for Culinary Education (ICE) in NYC. I run a food blog on www.flavorysavory.com.

The Sussex Voice and The Suburban Trends.

3 Years college level courses in communications. Specialty courses at The Institute for Culinary Education (ICE) in NYC.

Fraternal Organizations.