Home Cooking/steaming

Hi mam
im from india.weaning my 6 months old child.how do i steam carrots without a steamer basket or a colander?
Can i do it in an idli maker or pressure cooker?
If yes can u please tell how to steam veggies in an idli maker and a pressure cooker.
Thank u.

Hi Madhavi,
I had never heard of an Idli maker, so I Googled it. After seeing the pictures and reading up on it, I think it's your best choice. Each basket level has vents for the steam, so it seems like it will work. Just make sure to test all the levels every 7-10 minutes to avoid over cooking.

Home Cooking

Jana Turner

First of all, I LOVE to cook. I raised four kids and worked so quick and easy was very important. I can answer most any food/recipe question. Home style cooking is my favorite forum, but I also am knowledgable in sauces and some saute. Questions about food storage, food safety, quick and easy meals, cook ahead meals for freezing and hostess ideas are welcome here.

I have over 30 years in the food and hospitality industry. I am a certified serve-safe manager. I have entered a few recipe contests and won grand prize in one. I write recipes for fun and am working on a collection of favorites.

Serv-Safe Managers Series Certification