Home Cooking/cooking sauerkraut with Miracle Maid aluminum cookware

I am going to cook choucroute and wanted to use a Miracle Maid turkey roaster I've had for years and never used.  It's anodized aluminum and I need to know if the sauerkraut will react with the aluminum in a negative way and cause off flavors?

Bob, I am not familiar Miracle Maid from personal experience but anodized aluminum uses a process that seals the surface and builds up oxides on the aluminum. This is supposed to keep metals from leaching, especially with acidic foods. You will likely be ok but please read the article from the link I include below for more in depth discussion.  Have a Happy New Year!!

Home Cooking

Jim Musumeci

Cooking has been my passion for more than forty years, both professionally and at home. I welcome any cooking or food related questions, especially those concerning culinary techniques. My specialties are Italian and Puerto Rican cuisine, with skills in French and Southern style cooking as well. My nickname of “JimmyScones” came about from my love of creating flaky and delicious scones. Please ask questions on food preparation, techniques, ingredients, recipes, and recommended cookbooks. I CANNOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ON APPLIANCES OR APPLIANCE PARTS, OR ON OLDER OR VINTAGE COOKWARE OR ITS' MONETARY VALUE. I would also request no more than two part questions. Since we are volunteers, I must ask that you rate our answers when you have read them since that is the only way we know if are helping you. PLEASE, DO NOT MARK YOUR QUESTIONS AS "PRIVATE". I can only answer public questions and my site will make them public if there is no personal information within. Thanks and have a delicious day.

Cooking has been my passion and avocation for more than 45 years. My grandmother (‘Nani’) taught me the skills needed to cook a complete Sunday dinner by the time I was ten years old. I still treasure the memory of those magnificent aromas wafting through her kitchen. My background includes part time restaurant work and meal preparation for large organizations and churches, as well as planning and cooking hundreds of meals for dinner parties, family gatherings, and business functions. I have also completed several courses at the Institute for Culinary Education (ICE) in NYC. I run a food blog on

The Sussex Voice and The Suburban Trends.

3 Years college level courses in communications. Specialty courses at The Institute for Culinary Education (ICE) in NYC.

Fraternal Organizations.