Home Cooking/Sun Dried Tomatoes

Hi Sherrie,

I enjoy sun-dried tomatoes in restaurants, so I bought a package of Jacob's Farm
Organic Sun dried Tomatoes, currently residing in my fridge. Here's a link:

If I want to use them as a garnish with grilled chicken, what would I have to do with them? Or can they be used straight from the package and onto the plate?

Thanks for your help!

- J

Hi Jona,
If the tomatoes are dried and not packed in oil, then you have to let them steep in hot water or wine, then drain them before using. But if they are packed in oil, then you can use them straight out of the package. You can use the oil too! It works well if tossed with pasta. I particularly like them diced in a soup/stew of cubed and browned stew beef, beef broth, cubed butternut squash, rosemary and onion.
Hope this was helpful to you.

Home Cooking

I am an avid foodie....Raised by a southern mother, I have a broad base of cooking knowledge. I am not afraid to tell you I do not have the answer. In the kitchen I am adventurous as well as a traditionalist.

Life long, my mom taught me to cook as a very young child. I enjoy the art and it brings me peace to cook for family and friends.

Taught by three generations of amazing cooks. My dads family is Irish, my mom is from the south, I have been cooking my whole life.