Home Furnishings/Furniture/Man Wah Leather Power Sofa

Anti Bi-cast Leather wrote at 2013-10-28 19:46:39
I purchased Macy's dark brown Nina "leather" sofa and love seat 15 months ago. The color has faded significantly on the headrests. We had also purchased the premium "Worry No More" 7-year warranty, but unfortunately it covers almost everything but fading/discoloration. Macy's was nice enough to exchange the sofa for a new one, but I wouldn't buy this product again. Despite what I was told in the Macy's ad and by the Macy's sales person, it is not real leather. It is "bi-cast" leather, which means it has two layers: the bottom is a cheap quality leather and the top is a vinyl that does not wear as well as real leather. I've learned that only in America can retailers sell bi-cast leather as leather. To avoid  discoloration again, I've covered the headrests and armrests with material so that skin is never touching the "leather." I've had real leather recliners that didn't discolor after 11 years, so it makes a big difference.

Sad Customer wrote at 2014-10-14 15:53:03
I bought a Cheers Manwah couch, loveseat and recliner in Jan. 2014. I sit in the recliner on a regular basis. After about 6 months the fading started to become very noticable. I wouldn't call it fading, it CHANGES- IT HAS LOST THE COLOR. WENT FROM A BURGUNDY BROWN TO "PINK." I bought it from Morris/Ashley Furniture. They have tried to blame it on me in every kind of way. Sun light, body chemistry, lotion on my skin, or some leather product I might have used. I didn't use any!! With 1 yr warranty my time is running out. This is cheaply made furniture. I do not know what furniture all the positive review people got, but I would not take a chance on buying this brand. In fact, ask where the furniture is made before you buy.

katalinagirl wrote at 2016-09-28 16:55:32
Actually if you go to the above link it shows an Ashton similar recliner but not the same design as the Nina?  So even though the mechanics are probably the same it is not the same piece and so those reviews aren't really valid for the model that Macy's has, Nina.  There are currently 144 reviews total on this on the Macy's site and there are some rather disturbing ones that are common across the board in regards to the lumber area flattening and the seat as well flattening to where you feel like you are going to fall through the large crack between the back and the seat.  In my experience with this for only 4 days it's terrible and I'd never pay full price for this let alone $5.  Buy something else

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Adam Greenberg

I can answer any questions about Asian furniture, decor, etc.

I am a former co-owner, sales manager and purchasing agent for the now-gone Arts of Asia in St. Louis, MO. Arts of Asia was the largest and oldest direct importer of home decor from Asia, primarily China and Hong Kong. All of our purchasing was done on-site. I've been to the factories, warehouses, showrooms in Guangzhou and Hong Kong to pick merchandise ranging from large cabinets down to small jade statues. I have even designed a popular series of furniture that we had custom-made.

Former member, St. Louis Association of REALTORS Former member, Missouri Association of REALTORS Former member, National Association of REALTORS

I hold a BA in Speech Communications (public speaking) and I have been licensed as a Real Estate Salesperson in Missouri since 2005.

As of this writing, I hold a "Customer's Choice" award on

I have dealt not only on our sales floor with consumers, but I've also dealt with many interior decorators, most members of the local chapter of ASID (American Society for Interior Design) either with or without their clients.