Home Furnishings/Furniture/Leather sofa

We are in the process of buying leather sofa's and chair. I fell in love with the comfort of the Westport Power reclining sofa, by Flexsteel. I liked the look, but was very impressed with the comfort. However, after reviewing comments of disappointment regarding Flexsteel I am very hesitant to buy. I would like to know if you recommend a quality leather sofa that won't completely break the bank.

Flexsteel is OK, its neither top of the line nor at the bottom. I used to be a dealer for Flexsteel but was never overly enthusiastic about the line as it was very average in all respects.

Not sure what you mean by 'break the bank' as that is not a dollar figure.  My current favorite of reclining sofas that balance performance/comfort/price is the Bradington Young 912 series, which will run about $ 2,400 to $ 3,500 depending on options and cover. They came out with this piece in October 2011 and its been very well accepted.  

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Duane Collie

I have in-depth knowledge of home furniture, particularly higher quality leather upholstery and American period reproductions. My store specializes in hand-made custom wood furniture and Hancock & Moore upholstery. I do not answer questions on decorating, or paint colors, etc., those will be returned to the question pool.

Owner/operator a retail home furnishings store (The Keeping Room) in Alexandria Virginia since 1978.

National Home Furnishings Association

www.myfurnitureforum.com, Garden Web Funrniture Forum

B.S Graduate, 1977 Florida State University

The White House Sony Studios Historic Mt.Vernon Gatsby's Tavern, Alexandria Carlyse House, Alexandria Walkerton Tavern, Henrico County VA Pequot Indian Museum, CT