Home Furnishings/Furniture/name of carpet

Belgium Rug
Belgium Rug  
22 years ago I purchased an oriental style carpet in Belgium while we were stationed in Germany - it is machine made but it fit out needs at the time - unfortunately our basement flooded last month and the carpet is ruined because all the colors ran together - I have to find a replacement for insurance purposes but have found nothing like it - I mostly would like to know the pattern - I already know it's wool and machine made but think the pattern is nice as I've stated earlier - thanks for your advice - sorry the picture is small

Hi Lana,

So sorry to hear about your basement flooding!  The color running doesn't appear to be that bad in your picture, so we could possibly fix that if you're nearby.  The pattern of this rug most closely resembles the Persian "Heriz" and "Ardebil" styles and the Eastern European "Kazak" style.  If you search these terms, you may find something with a similar feel that will match with your decor.  Finding them in the exact same colors might be a bit of a challenge, as popular colors have changed quite a bit in the last 22 years, but you will be able to find something with a predominant central medallion like the one you have.

Hope that information is helpful!

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs

I can answer questions and give advice on the purchasing of Oriental carpets and the care of said carpets. I am more than happy to view photos and give approximate appraisals (I cannot be completely accurate with just a photo) via email on carpets that you have or would like to buy. I can also help with decorating decisions where rugs are concerned, and because I do have a store, I can help find you something if you`re having trouble finding it yourself.

My family has had a Persian carpet store in the Washington, DC metropolitan area for nearly 30 years (www.jahannandsons.com). I grew up with rugs.