Home Furnishings/Furniture/kashan rug value

Question
rug
rug  

tag
tag  
i hae a kashan 100%worsted wool rug it says ispahan 597 coral 8' X 11' 6" and many other numbers on the tag it was made in belguim

Answer
Hi RJ,

Thank you for your email and your question.  What you have is a machine-made rug in a Persian design (named for the Iranian city of Isphahan) that was made in Belgium.  Judging from the color scheme of the rug, I would date this to somewhere in the late 1970s or early 1980s.  Machine-made rugs do not have a resale value in the rug industry, but used rugs tend to do well in the consignment or used furnishings market.  If the rug is in good condition and does not appear to have stains or smells, I think a value of $200-250 is a good estimate for what a rug like this would go for in a used furniture store.

I hope this information is helpful!

Katie

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs
www.jahannandsons.com

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs