Home Furnishings/Furniture/Curtain or drapery

Question
QUESTION: I just painted my master bedroom
I used aura by banjemin Moore Color my
accent wall Color is " raisin trote n other
three wall is victorian mauve "
And windows n door r eggshell white
My bed is white Color
Now confused with curtain to with wall Color or contrast
Plz help me in this

ANSWER: Hi and thanks for your question.

It appears as if you've painted an accent wall a dark brown, three walls a lighter brown (almost purple) in hue and the windows and doors are standard eggshell white.  Here are some brown Benjamin Moore Colors (though not Raisin Torte) and Victorian Mauve on a color chart I found online:

http://www.materials-world.com/paint-colors/benjamin_moore/images/Benjamin-Moore

You might actually go with brown for your window covering, as shown here:
http://tiny.cc/sjrz3w
Note how the brown comforter and pillows with blue make the bed look less-white.

My experience is with Chinese antiques and furniture.  So I was thinking that red could be a good color that's complimentary to brown.  For example, here's a room that has a brown wall, white couch and red accent chair:
http://tiny.cc/xkrz3w

Another good color is blue, as shown in the first photo above and in this one:
http://tiny.cc/1nrz3w
Notice that while it is a different type of window covering, in this photo, it's also brown.

How much you want to lean towards red or blue is entirely up to you and based on lighting and personal preferences.  Paints look different in rooms than they do in stores or on chips.

Any way you decide, you can get accent pillows for the bed and I'm sure your room will look gorgeous.  Just make sure to get bold colors as I've shown in these photos.

Thank you very much for choosing AllExperts!

QUESTION: Thank u for replying
But not satisfied can u help more in detail
It's not dark brown it's raisin torte ( deep red wine)

Answer
Hello and thank you for providing more detail about the Raisin Torte Color.  I thought it was brown, but different computer monitors and different photographs may show it differently.  

It makes sense that a red-wine color would go with a light mauve.  That being said, you might want to consider complimentary colors. Take a look at this wine-lover's palette I found online:

http://www.relishsantabarbara.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ILoveHue.jpg

Your accent wall is probably somewhere in the Merlot or Syrah areas of the chart and your mauve walls are probably one of the lighter hearts between Syrah, Rose, and Bubbles.  Note how the golds near the Chardonnay seem to go well with the other colors like your Raisin Torte, particularly the darker brown one just to the left of Chardonnay and under Sauvignon Blanc.  Throw pillows in these colors can also be used to offset the whiteness of the bed, just as I showed you in the other photos with red and blue pillows.  Again, you want the color to be bold to stand up to the Raisin Torte wall.

You may have to try a few things before you like what you've chosen.  With a three-day return policy, I used to encourage my customers to take something (porcelain, statue, wall art from China) home and try it.  If it just didn't work, they could bring it back.

I hope this helps you a little more and I apologize for the color misunderstanding.

If you have further questions, please submit them.  Note that my vacation starts the first week of October and I won't be back until December.  The system will not route messages to me while I am marked on vacation.  I believe questions will go to others in the pool to answer.

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Adam Greenberg