Home Furnishings/Furniture/leather furniture

I recently bought a leather sectional and need to know how to keep toss pillows on it so they won't keep sliding off. I think they soften the look of the leather, but they are always on the floor. Do you think double faced tape would work without marring the leather? Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Darlene and thanks for your question.  I apologize for the slight delay in getting back to you.  I think that there are two good ways you can keep throw pillows from sliding off the sofa.  First, get pillows (or pillow covers) in a fabric that isn't incredibly slippery.  Satin pillows may slide right off the sofa but suede pillows likely will not.  Second, try to angle the throw pillows in corners of the sofa.  You may have to play around with different-sized pillows to see what's best for your look and to see what actually stays on the sofa.  But by all means, please do not use any kind of tape on a leather sofa!  It could damage the pillows, your leather or, if you go to move the pillows (even inadvertently), possibly cause a rip in either one.  I hope this was of help to you!  

Please remember to rate your Expert and thank you very much for using AllExperts!

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Adam Greenberg

I can answer any questions about Asian furniture, decor, etc.

I am a former co-owner, sales manager and purchasing agent for the now-gone Arts of Asia in St. Louis, MO. Arts of Asia was the largest and oldest direct importer of home decor from Asia, primarily China and Hong Kong. All of our purchasing was done on-site. I've been to the factories, warehouses, showrooms in Guangzhou and Hong Kong to pick merchandise ranging from large cabinets down to small jade statues. I have even designed a popular series of furniture that we had custom-made.

Former member, St. Louis Association of REALTORS Former member, Missouri Association of REALTORS Former member, National Association of REALTORS

I hold a BA in Speech Communications (public speaking) and I have been licensed as a Real Estate Salesperson in Missouri since 2005.

As of this writing, I hold a "Customer's Choice" award on justAnswer.com.

I have dealt not only on our sales floor with consumers, but I've also dealt with many interior decorators, most members of the local chapter of ASID (American Society for Interior Design) either with or without their clients.