Home Furnishings/Furniture/Cathay rug

Question
I got a 10X 14 Cathay #2-6683 color blue design 9739 rug from my Mothers estate, I know they had it for 30 years, it's a very thick rug and in excellent condition and was wondering the approx. value , I'm not crazy about the color.

Answer
Hello Stu,
Thank you for your questions. Cathay rugs were sold mostly in the 1970s and 1980s. At the time, they were quite pricey and very popular. Unfortunately, today they are not as en vogue. Cathay rugs are a very tough sell because of the design and color scheme. If you find the right person who would want the rug in their home, you may be able to get as much as $1500 for it. If you cannot find someone who desires the color and pattern of that rug, you may be lucky to get a few hundred dollars for it. For the best bang for your buck in the shortest time frame(if you don't have a use for the rug), my suggestion would be to donate it to charity and take the tax write off. Sorry to not be more helpful!
Katie

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs
4210 Howard Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895
301-530-6660

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs