Home Furnishings/Furniture/Approx value of my Iranian Kashan

Kashan Rug
Kashan Rug  
Can you help with approx value for attached carpet?  I'm thinking of trading and no idea what this carpet is worth now.  It's in excellent shape and just cleaned

Hello Greg,
Thank you for your email. The photo of your rug makes it very difficult for me to determine what kind of rug you have, so I'm basing my assessment off of the contents of the appraisal. I don't usually do that because sometimes the information in appraisals can be erroneous. Anyway, if this is in fact a Persian Kashan rug, approximately 10'x13', you can expect anywhere from $5000-6000 for it in today's market. It is a lovely high-quality piece, but the rust and blue coloring in this rug are not in today, so that makes this piece a tough sell. If you have a use for it, I would keep it. Color trends change all the time and once this color scheme comes back into vogue, this rug will have a much greater value. I hope this information is helpful!

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs
4210 Howard Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs

I can answer questions and give advice on the purchasing of Oriental carpets and the care of said carpets. I am more than happy to view photos and give approximate appraisals (I cannot be completely accurate with just a photo) via email on carpets that you have or would like to buy. I can also help with decorating decisions where rugs are concerned, and because I do have a store, I can help find you something if you`re having trouble finding it yourself.

My family has had a Persian carpet store in the Washington, DC metropolitan area for nearly 30 years ( I grew up with rugs.