Home Furnishings/Furniture/Persian Rug - Estimate as to value

Parents owned a Persian rug purchased in the early 60's for about $500.  Wondering what is value may be.  It appears to be handmade, there is no label sewn into the rug other than a numeric code but it has a paper label attached which reads Type Hamedan, Size  9' x 16 4".  Design India.  Quality 100% wool.  Origin, Persia.  It was purchased from The Conway Company in Baltimore, MD.  Photos are available.  Thank you in advance for any information.

Hello George,
Thank you for your email. I'm happy to help you, but will definitely need some photos. Please email them to me at your convenience: If you're able, please include a close-up photo of the back of the rug so I can tell the tightness of the weave. That will help with determining the value.

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs
4210 Howard Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs

I can answer questions and give advice on the purchasing of Oriental carpets and the care of said carpets. I am more than happy to view photos and give approximate appraisals (I cannot be completely accurate with just a photo) via email on carpets that you have or would like to buy. I can also help with decorating decisions where rugs are concerned, and because I do have a store, I can help find you something if you`re having trouble finding it yourself.

My family has had a Persian carpet store in the Washington, DC metropolitan area for nearly 30 years ( I grew up with rugs.