Home Furnishings/Furniture/Sharla Naen Rug Value

Rug from left
Rug from left  

Rug from top
Rug from top  
I have an Iranian Sharla Naen rug - silk inlay with 1300 KPSI (I have a certificate of origin indicating that KPSI).  I purchased the rug in 2002.  It is in very good condition, no stains, tears, runs.  I've attached two photographs.  It is 5'x8'.  I'm looking for current market value.  Thanks in advance.

Hello Rachel,
Thank you for your email. Your rug is a "Chahar-la." That translates to 4-ply in Farsi, so that might make it easier for you should you discuss this piece with a Persian rug dealer (I was wracking my brain for a bit!). The retail value of this rug runs around $3500-4000. The pattern is not as popular today as it used to be, so finding a buyer usually takes some time, but if you were in the market for one now, this is what you'd expect to pay in a store. I hope this information is helpful.

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs
4210 Howard Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs

I can answer questions and give advice on the purchasing of Oriental carpets and the care of said carpets. I am more than happy to view photos and give approximate appraisals (I cannot be completely accurate with just a photo) via email on carpets that you have or would like to buy. I can also help with decorating decisions where rugs are concerned, and because I do have a store, I can help find you something if you`re having trouble finding it yourself.

My family has had a Persian carpet store in the Washington, DC metropolitan area for nearly 30 years (www.jahannandsons.com). I grew up with rugs.